Sock Designs

Saturday, June 9, 2012

3 years and now just a few more days.....

3 years ago Tim and I started this amazing, crazy journey called foster to adopt.  And in just a few more days our children will be all together at home. 

On Friday we went to court to have the judge approve the move of the kids from their foster home to us. (Ironically, the same date 1 year ago we were in court and a judge approved the move for Nisha to leave). Court went well, and thanks to Judge Jamal the kids are coming home on Monday!!!  It did make me smile when we started their case we all have to introduce ourselves and the judge asked me who I was....I said I'm hopefully going to be their adoptive mom, if you approve it ma'am  :) 

And then she thanked us for adopting the kids and loving them....that never fails to blow my mind when a judge or a social worker says that to us.  They have no idea how much we feel blessed and honored to have been chosen to be their parents!!

It's amazing how God keep providing for us in our case....Isaiah's court appointed attorney has been AMAZING!!!  She actually knows her clients, and really works and cares about what happens to them!!! She has really been in our corner for his case and pushing to keep Isaiah here.  So even though she's not the attorney for Lilyana and Daniel, she came to court with us on Friday!  Because the kids CPS worker is....well, I'm gonna leave that one alone.....our attorney presented their case, affirmed to the judge that we were the best placement for the kids. The judge asked me a few questions and we were done!! The CPS worker never had to say a word! We have been so blessed by this attorney!!

Just as a side note, I'm gonna get up on my foster/adopt soap box again :) I know that I seem to be up here alot!!  While we were waiting in court they reviewed at least 30 other cases.  Almost all of them I heard them say: "the goal is unrelated adoption, the child is in a foster home, CPS is trying to find an adoptive placement."  Wow, and that was just one day, one hour in court.  There are so many kids currently in the system that are just waiting for a home and somebody to love them.  I've had so many people say to me that they have thought about doing foster care or adopting.  If God is tugging on your heart related to this don't ignore Him.  Here is a link to the Texas TARE website. waiting kids These are kids in Texas who are just waiting for a home to adopt them.  There are many more than this too!!  Here is also a link to the agency that we go thru.  Depelchin  If you are interested, this is a great place to start. They have a free, no commitment intro session several times a month for more information.    This have been such a great support to us thru all of this!!!

Ok, I'm gonna hop down off my soapbox now :)

So how about an update on my kids....

Isaiah is pretty much hating the fact that the kids aren't here right now (you and me both buddy!)  He has quickly gotten used to have them around to entertain him!! He is also at a bit of a difficult age right now...He's learned how to pull up, but doesn't have great balance yet. Which means he has alot of bumps and bruises on his poor little head!  I'm thinking of buying a helmet....

Lilyana and Daniel will be here permanently on Monday!!!  The transition visits couldn't have gone better!! Their foster family has been amazing with everything.  I know the hurt and sadness that they are going thru, but they have been so supportive in the move.  Giving us plenty of time with the kids, asking us what we want them to say to the kids...just wonderful!!

So you want to know more cute things about my kids??  Ok :)
Lilyana:  When she does something to make you laugh she says: "look, I made you funny"  She calls a hippopotamus, a whoopopotamus.....everytime!!

Daniel...he is obsessed with Isaiah....He's always calling for baby Yeahya!  When you ask for a hug he gives you a great bear hug and then walks away smacking his lips like he's kissing you. 

Ok, this has become longer than I intended....

Love to you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hip, hip, hooray! All great news. Monday isn't too far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous!!! and get up on that soap box any and every chance you get. you may annoy some, but if you get one child home... then it is worth it!!

    ReplyDelete